The Underground Cellar

The Underground Cellar

The winery dates back to 1850 when the Procurator Tiburcio Arranz, as representative of San Nicolás de Aranda’s Town Council, and Inocencia León held a conciliation procedure: Inocencia León, Victoriano Margañón’s widow, owned a house with a farmyard and a cellar in Puerta de Guzmán street. There was a 3,709 liter vat in the cellar which was ‘‘just one furrow away from the Hermitage of Saint Dominic.’’

DATE: